According to the news reports, General Motors has done the impossible. The NYT and hundreds of other press sites have covered the auto maker's announcement that the forthcoming Chevy Volt hybrid car will run 230 miles per (US) gallon of gasoline. Given our interest in low-carbon solutions, that was enough to make the team at Carbon Clear sit up and take notice.
- They have money to burn and are caught up in the hype,
- They want to reduce consumption of imported fossil fuels,
- They want to reduce CO2 emissions from driving,
- They want to spend less on fuel.
- CO2 emissions per mile: 40% lower using EPA figures for Prius (8% lower using UK figures)
- Energy cost per mile: 57% lower using EPA figures for Prius